1946 - Sussex Housing & Care is founded (as the 'East Sussex Charitable Housing Association') and Cheneys was donated by Miss Boulton. The Cedars in Brighton was then purchased.
1947 - Falfield, Seaford was aquired and converted into 9 studio flats.
1948 - Old Park Close, Cuckfield & Oakwood, Haywards Heath purchased, the latter for £10,790. The main house was converted into a residential care home and the stable block was demolished and replaced with studio flats.
1949 - The Rowans, Crowborough donated by Mr J C Robinson.
1952 - Lady Churchill opens the new extension at Cheneys (extended to 34 rooms).
1954 - Dr & Mrs Ashleigh Glegg donate Courtlands, Seaford.
1958 - Ardath, Bexhill purchased, 35 rooms.
1972 - Greenways, Bexhill donated by the Blandford Trust.
1977 - Yvonne Robertson House, Bexhill opened by Princess Alexandra. The first sheltered housing scheme built by Sussex Housing & Care, funded by a grant from Rother District Council.
1978 - Ashleigh Glegg House, the sheltered scheme in Seaford opened, replacing Courtlands.
1981 - The new Oakwood flats opened in Haywards Heath.
1982 - Devonport House, Rye opened, visited by HRH The Queen Mother.
1983 - Downash House, Flimwell bought from the Staines Trust.
1984 - Sackville Court, Bexhill opened - located adjacent to Yvonne Robertson House. Sussex Housing & Care's first leasehold sheltered scheme built with funding from the (then) Housing Corporation.
1985 - Downash Court, Flimwell opened.
1989 - Cheneys Court, Seaford opened, our first purpose built care home.
1990 - Church Bailey in Pevensey, Bourne Court in Hastings and St Peters Mews in Bexhill were opened.
1992 - Oakwood Court Care Home, Haywards Heath opened by HRH The Duchess of Gloucester.
1993 - Martlet Court, Brighton opened. Purpose-built 'very sheltered' accommodation, funded from government grants and SHC's reserves.
1999 - Woodlands Care Home opened by HRH The Duke of Gloucester.
2002 - Merger with Saxon Homes Ltd and acquisition of Saxonwood Care Home, located in Battle, East Sussex.
2002 - A new block of purpose built apartments called Falfield in Sutton Avenue, Seaford are completed.
2005 - The second phase of the modernisation of Saxonwood Residential Care Home in Battle is completed.
2005 - Sussex Housing & Care's Head office relocated from Lewes to Ronald Simson House in Seaford.
2008 - Gundreda Housing Association transfers Fairholme and Clevedown sheltered housing schemes in Lewes across to Sussex Housing & Care. The Alison Howles Charitable Trust also transfers its 'Independent Living' properties in Newhaven, Seaford and Polegate to Sussex Housing & Care.
2009 - Soroptimist (Eastbourne) Housing Association transfers its Independent Living properties, located in the Meads and Old Town areas of Eastbourne, to Sussex Housing & Care.
2010 - Sussex Housing & Care receives a £1.6m grant from the Homes & Communities Agency for its new development in Crowborough, with work is due to commence this summer.
2011 - Work is completed at The Rowans in Crowborough and residents move in during October freeing up their family sized council accommodation for families on the waiting list.