- Application closing date: 08 Jan 2021 00:00
Residents are at the heart of everything we do. Come and join our friendly team in a part time role.
We are currently looking for people to work with us, whose values reflect ours.
We recruit people who care about people, who treat others with dignity and respect. To be a part of our team you need to have a passion for care and want to make a difference to peoples lives.
You’ll be part of our friendly, positive and supportive team providing a high standard of care to our residents at Oakwood Court.
Your role will include understanding our residents interests and planning varied programmes of individual and group activities based on their needs.
You will develop Oakwood’s ‘information bank’ to ensure we make full use of resources in the community that can benefit our residents.
- To plan, organize and develop programmes of individual and group activities in response to the identified wants and needs of residents to address health (both physical and mental) and well being
- To be responsible for organising the publicity and information about the social programme and activities being offered, displaying, distributing and updating the information to residents, residents’ families, staff and others involved
- Maintain and develop the homes ‘information bank’ about community and other resources that residents may be able to use in pursuit of their hobbies and interests
Previous experience experience in working with older people and in similar role required. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and inspire confidence and enthusiasm in residents and staff. You will be a confident user of IT/Microsoft Office.
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours: 17.5 hours per week
- Pay: £8463.00 Annually
In return, you’ll get a competitive salary, excellent support and continuous learning and development. Sussex Housing & Care is a not for profit organisation which means that we reinvest any financial surplus back into the organisation to benefit our residents and employees. We are also an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
Hours of work are 5 days per week and must be available to work alternate weekends