Kitchen Assistant, Woodlands
- Application closing date: 18 Feb 2021 00:00
Let your brilliance shine with Sussex Housing & Care.
We have exciting opportunities for people looking for a new career. Perhaps you’re looking for work, or have spent recent months reflecting on your life goals?
If you’re looking for job satisfaction, to be part of a friendly and supportive team, and to brighten people’s lives, look no further. You don’t need to have experience in working in a care home kitchen, we will train and support you from the very beginning. We offer a competitive salary, flexible hours, benefits and bonus schemes.
If you share our values;
- to put residents at the heart of everything you do;
- to care about what you do and the impact you have;
- to treat everyone with fairness, dignity, kindness and respect; and
- to make a difference together as one team...
…come and #CareWithUs. We are a Real Living Wage employer and we care about our people.
More about the role:
- Assisting in the preparation, presentation and serving of meals within the Home as instructed by the Chef or Home Manager
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen area and utensils in accordance to the schedule set by the Chef Manager
- Adhering to the Hazard Analysis System as devised and implemented by the Chef and Home Manager in order to maintain a high standard to the residents, staff and guests to the Home
- Rotating supplies to reduce waste and making sure goods are stored correctly and in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines
- Assisting in providing additional catering services such as meetings, luncheons on occasion and as instructed by the Chef or Home Manager
Level 2 Food Hygiene (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential, providing you are willing to undertake training for this role
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours: 19 Hours Per Week
- Pay: £9.30 Hourly
In return, you’ll get a competitive salary, access to other benefits and bonus schemes. We’ll give you excellent support and continuous learning and development, as well as free uniform and parking. Sussex Housing & Care is a not for profit organisation which means that we reinvest any financial surplus back into the organisation to benefit our residents and employees. We are also an accredited Real Living Wage employer.
Please note due to current restrictions regarding COVID-19 the appointed person must be willing to commit to working at one location.