Kitchen Assistant - Woodlands
- Application closing date: 20 Jun 2022 00:00
Let your brilliance shine with Sussex Housing & Care.
We have exciting opportunities for people looking for a new career. Perhaps you’re looking for work, or have spent recent months reflecting on your life goals?
If you’re looking for job satisfaction, to be part of a friendly and supportive team, and to brighten people’s lives, look no further. You don’t need to have experience in working in a care home kitchen, we will train and support you from the very beginning. We offer a competitive salary, flexible hours, benefits and bonus schemes.
If you share our values;
- to put residents at the heart of everything you do;
- to care about what you do and the impact you have;
- to treat everyone with fairness, dignity, kindness and respect; and
- to make a difference together as one team...
…come and #CareWithUs. We are a Real Living Wage employer and we care about our people.
More about the role:
- Assisting in the preparation, presentation and serving of meals within the Home as instructed by the Chef or Home Manager.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen area and utensils in accordance to the schedule set by the Chef Manager.
- Adhering to the Hazard Analysis System as devised and implemented by the Chef and Home Manager in order to maintain a high standard to the residents, staff and guests to the Home.
- Rotating supplies to reduce waste and making sure goods are stored correctly and in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Assisting in providing additional catering services such as meetings, lunches on occasion and as instructed by the Chef or Home Manager.
Level 2 Food Hygiene (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential, providing you are willing to undertake training for this role
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Hours: 19 hours per week
- Pay: £9.90 Hourly
Part time hours: 19 hours per week (2 days per week)
In return, you’ll get a competitive salary and access to other benefits including discounts on high street shops, gym memberships and days out. You will receive 30 days annual leave including eight bank holidays and a 4% pension contribution. We also have a dedicated Employee Assistance Programme giving all employees free health and welfare advice and support.
We’ll give you excellent support and continuous learning and development, as well as free uniform and parking. Sussex Housing & Care is a not for profit organisation which means that we reinvest any financial surplus back into the organisation to benefit our residents and employees. We are also an accredited Real Living Wage employer.