Creating a budget
Creating a budget is an excellent starting point to keep track of your income and expenses, as well as to understand the impact of making changes in your spending.
There are some free online tools that can help you with creating a budget:
Getting help with debt
If you find yourself struggling to pay bills and falling into debt, taking action is crucial. A number of organisations offer debt and money advice:
- Money Helper - Online advice service approved by the government. It provides free, impartial advice on money and debt issues.
- StepChange Debt Charity offers free debt advice and support with getting your finances back on track.
- Citizen's Advice offers a debt and money service.
- National Debtline provides advice over the telephone (0808 808 4000), online and by email.
- The Department for Work and Pensions has information on cost-of-living payments and further support from central government: Help for households.